Part of the appeal of celebrities is that they have access to the fashion industry, which is probably why they often appear so glamorous when compared the rest of us mere mortals. Of course, that’s why we love it when we get a rag mag photo of one of them sans makeup and covered in cellulite. However, there are a few starlets that always seem to be put together, even when they’re just out shopping for groceries, sipping a mocha, or watching their adopted babies play at the park. Perhaps this is because their shopaholic tendencies ensure that they never have to wear the same ensemble twice! Here are just a few of the top celebs that are always stylin’ and profilin’ thanks to a penchant for purchasing every garment that gets in their path.
- Sarah Jessica Parker. As Carrie Bradshaw she lusted after the Manolo Blahniks she saw in store windows (“Hello, lover!”). But in real life the well-paid actress can actually afford to buy the red-soled footwear her fictional character drooled over. And boy does she drop some cash on fashion; she reportedly owns more than 100 pairs of the famed designer’s creations (priced up to $1,000 a pair).
- Gwen Stefani. This So-Cal rock chick proves that you don’t have to drop a ton of cash to be coined a shopaholic. Sometimes it’s about how much you shop rather than how much you spend, and she can’t seem to give up her vintage/retro roots. She has been spotted poking around in thrift stores looking for some cool steals (apparently she likes the challenge of working older items into hip and modern ensembles). But she’s still enough of a star to appreciate the best the fashion world has to offer, and if her wardrobe is any indication, she’s a huge fan of Vivienne Westwood.
- Victoria Beckham. The former-model-turned-Spice-Girl-turned-footballer’s-wife is no stranger to shopping. She’s practically been on the runway, one way or another, her entire life. But the fashion maven is notorious for spending money like it’s going out of style in order to keep her own style fashion-forward. The pixie-haired princess of WAGS has apparently admitted to blowing upwards of $100K a year on her wardrobe, dropping as much as nearly ten grand on a single spree in Los Angeles.
- Jennifer Lopez. Let’s be honest, the only reason some of us tune in to American Idol is to see what fabulous frock JLo has donned this week. This glowing goddess of judges has broken away from her hip-hop-alicious background and become a fashionista in recent years. And she’s got the shopping cred to prove it. Although she now boasts her own clothing line (available at Kohl’s department stores) she makes no secret of the fact that she loves to buy designer duds, commenting that clothing and shoes are her “biggest extravagance”. What amounts to extravagance for this honey-voiced diva? We shudder to think.
- Madonna. They don’t call her the Material Girl for nothing. This fabulously wealthy celeb has long been a fan of fashion, from the first time she pulled on a pair of fingerless, lace gloves. But you won’t soon see her in line at a department store, and she’s not one to shop at fashion discount sites like Hautelook, Beyond the Rack, or Rock In. Instead, she gets look books and orders directly from designers, allegedly dropping as much as $60,000 at a time on some of her faves like Stella McCartney.