When in doubt wear salwar suits and when not in doubt, wear salwar suits too! Yes, that is certainly the most comfortable yet stylish ethnic wear on the planet. Wear it to the office, or any occasion and you will be ticking off all the trend boxes! I am sure you have loads of salwar kameezes piled neatly in your wardrobe. But what are the current salwar kameez trends that are scoring high in the fashion-o-meter? Let’s find out here!
There are currently way too many trends doing the rounds in the ethnic segment. Be it off shoulders, capes, palazzos, and the works. It is difficult to sift through these whole new designs and select what works for you and what does not! Well, don’t worry we will make all your fashion dreams come true, at least when it comes to salwar suit designs. After all, there is no greater pleasure than looking at, reading about and just dreaming about fashion. I bet if you are reading this, you like me, love to look at fashion posts on Instagram with huge heart eyes!
Top Salwar Kameez Trends in 2018
So, are you game? Let’s hope for the next 10 minutes we talk about trends and only about trends causing ripples in the fashion circuit. Get a wide variety of salwar suits online or at a nearby store and refurbish your wardrobe in the best way possible.
- Long kurtas with longer slits – While we have all been donning long kurtas for quite some time, the long slits are the latest buzzword now! The cigarette pants beneath play peek-a-boo with your kurta and you can up the fashion quotient by making them dressier. Think along the lines of embellished and embroidered. The pants add a fresh flavor to old taste! Ethnic dressing can be so sensuous, these long kurtas are a case in point! Plain long kurtas and dressy pants, well my evening look for this season is sorted for good!
- Jazz it up with Jackets – This trend has me hooked cooked and booked so much so that I feel like adding a jacket to every kurta I wear. The long jackets add the right texture to your ethnic wear. The jackets come in various fabrics blending with the whole ensemble in one seamless flourish.
- Kurta with dhoti pants – I am so glad that the dhoti pants have made a faithful return to the fashion circuit. Your short kurtis look so good with dhoti pants. What’s more? It is smart and fuss-free, just what you need to wear for those long parties or weddings. If you aren’t quite a saree person wear this effortlessly stylish ensemble. Pick a kurta with a high neck, one with a deep cut out at the back. Make sure your kurti has interesting patterns or designs so that you can pair it with a plain dhoti pant, or you can wear an embellished dhoti pant with a plain tunic, whichever way you wear it, it is uber chic and oh-so-fashionable.
- Comfy and stylish Patiala suit – We know what you are thinking there is nothing new about Patiala suits, women have always worn it with great panache and style. But designers are giving it a new spin so that the style is drenched in grace, charm and an innate allure. Pair your voluminous Patiala with a short kurti. If you want to dress it up, wear an embellished one, with a delicate silver embroidery that can look fetching and all-glam. Wear full-sleeved kurta to complement your Patiala. Dabble in all shades of pastel or indigos and you would be an epitome of style and all things fashionable.
- Kurtas with culottes – You have worn palazzos with your kurta now it is time to crop it up further. The look is edgy, cool and the perfect outfit for the summer. You can skip the demure look and embrace androgyny by putting on your favorite pair of white trainers. The whole look comes across as fun, flirty and fashionable.
- The dress circle – The long kurta is now being worn as ethnic dresses and I’m loving this new trend. You can skip wearing pants with this trend. The flowy silhouette, the embroidery makes it look gorgeous. You can make the dress more interesting by trying out brand new designs such as one-shoulder, off the shoulder and so on. Play with the sleeves, try capes, flared sleeves and ruffled sleeves. Your summer look is almost ready and all you need to do is flaunt it with an extra dose of fashion flair.
- Pallazzo out sharara in? – Well, so it seems, the sharara is enjoying its moment under the sun and it is not restricted to weddings and formal occasions only. You can wear it with your short kurtis to make a whole new fashion statement. Accessorize this look with chandbalis and jootis. Don’t forget to add a small potli to complete your desi look.
- Asymmetrical style kurtas – Plain hems are so meh! Try making kurtas more interesting by adding asymmetry to your scheme of things. The asymmetry adds that extra oomph to a plain boring outfit. Why should you settle for the same old stuff when you can try different kinds of salwar kurtas, each unique and beautiful in its own way.
The kurtas look different and more fashionable when you try out salwar kurtas in different fabrics. The summer season sees more fabrics such as cotton, linen, tulle, and georgettes. Whereas you can try out heavier fabrics such as raw silk and so on in the winters. The ethnic outfits are so fashionable right now and the Western influences are clearly apparent on the Eastern designs, it adds a whole new flavor without tampering with its innate individuality. Go on, this season add the above-mentioned salwar kurtas to your wardrobe and give your sartorial sense a fresh lease of life. You are what you wear, so why should you wear boring clothes? Keep your fashion game on point with these fresh new ideas! Let us know whether you have tried this and which style worked for you and which did not!