Are you looking to reduce pesky fine lines and wrinkles? BOTOX® and Juvéderm® are two favored injectable treatments used for diminishing facial wrinkles and plumping lips. These anti-aging compounds offer worthwhile results by softening, hydrating, and rejuvenating the skin for a short while before naturally dissipating in the body over time.
Quite recently, the only on-label instructions for BOTOX® were for crow’s-feet, horizontal forehead lines, and vertical glabellar lines. However, scientists have since discovered numerous other uses for these effective treatments.
- Structure to hollow temples — As you age, fat and volume can disappear on your temples and can cause them to start looking hollow and shrunken. In order to combat this, small injections of dermal filler in the area can treat the shrunken area and offer a more youthful appearance.
- Treat an aging neck — Aging can be especially noticeable in the neck area. Indicators of an aging neck include wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, sagging, and a crepey texture. The two vertical strips of muscle that run along the neck can also appear older with age and weight fluctuation. A BOTOX® treatment can notably reduce the evidence of aging on the neck, with little to no downtime.
- Get rid of wrinkles on the knees — Natural loss of elasticity and sun damage to the knees become more obvious as you grow older. Injecting a filler into these lines can help soften the wrinkles and give the skin a smoother appearance.
- Plump up the ear lobes — With normal aging, ear lobes may appear thin and wrinkly. Wearing heavy earrings also can leave permanent changes to the ear lobes — causing them to sag or droop. Injecting them with a hyaluronic acid-based filler, such as Juvéderm®, can help prevent further expansion of pierced earring holes. The gel consistency of the filler helps restore shape in the ear lobe and allows individuals to wear heavy earrings again.
- Ease chin wrinkles — UV exposure and other normal variables of aging can take their toll on the chin and contribute to a wrinkly or cobblestone appearance. Injecting the chin with a neurotoxin, such as BOTOX®, eases the area, smooths wrinkles, and gives the chin a stronger profile. Any horizontal lines in the chin area can be treated with fillers.
- Smooth out hands — Hands are profoundly affected by the aging process, as they are used daily and lose skin volume over time. Filler injections can correct age-related volume loss and help hide prominent veins, tendons, and bones.
BOTOX® and Juvéderm® are effective tools for treating a variety of skin uneasiness. These two compounds can even be used for individuals who don’t yet show any significant signs of aging. Make sure to check out our infographic for more information on the six surprising uses for common injectables.
Courtesy Of Radiance Medspa