It’s natural for people to have an off day when they may feel low or down, maybe like something is missing in their life. For some, it’s a sense of sadness or a longing for a difference or a change. Many times traditional remedies don’t cut it when it comes to resolving the situation. In many cases, a more immediate response is necessary. There is a need to project positivity in your life in some way that you have instant gratification, a pick-me-up. And this typically begins with self-love, nurturing, wellness, and employing fashion.
Many of us use affirmations daily, along with meditation and mindfulness, as part of our self-care regimen on the path to mental wellness. Designers provide motivational clothing such as inspirational t-shirts from Om & Ah that project positivity to us throughout the day via affirmations printed directly on the garment. But there are other ways that fashion can influence our mood and relieve the sometimes-overpowering sense of defeat.
Ideas For How Fashion Can Inspire Positivity
Not only will clothing that offers messages of hope or provides affirmations put you in a whole other mindset throughout your day as you refer to it, but fashion as a whole can change your perception of how you’re viewing the situation in which you’re currently. The only one who can make changes in your life is you and it all begins with a mindset. It’s incredible how easily a mind can go from negative to positive with the most trivial of components. But one of the most successful in brightening our world is how we look remarkably, and that leads to fashion.
- On any given season or even any given day, there is a new trend with which to contend. The ‘fad’ can serve as an inspiration to anyone with creative tendencies to take the staple and make it their own style. When you present your version of the season’s look, and everyone compliments your innovation, it is uplifting and can only raise your spirits. Your day is automatically better.
- Some people want to be the center of attention when they walk into a room, and others want to stand back and cling to the wall. How you choose to handle the scene is up to you, but what you wear is going to determine the way people interact with you. Wearing something incredibly fashionable, that’s all the rage will garner a great deal of attention and draw people to you. If that’s not your intention, stick with something conservative and simple. No matter what your goal is, the objective is that you feel good in what you wear, and you have the best time while wearing it. Click to learn how fashion can change your mood.
- Confidence is greatly influenced by what we choose to wear. A suit in a formal situation such as a job interview will make you feel confident to impress the company and ready to answer their questions. Other clothes that compliment your body’s features offer a sort of confidence that makes you proud to show up to an event and let people see the real you.
- Many people find it difficult to express themselves through words, so instead, they choose to do so with their clothing. The idea of doing this makes them happy. Some dress in clothes that bring back their youth, others want items that allow them to create an identity separate from the mundane. When you dress up in a particular outfit, you can begin to feel like the person you hope to be, and that in itself is inspiring and uplifting. Just changing your wardrobe can assist with goal motivation as is outlined here.
- Specific colors are known to affect a person’s mood with some making us feel happier throughout the day, others giving a sense of relaxation when there’s an anxious period, energy to work in a more focused manner with more significant inspiration. Purple boasts as boosting happiness when you see it, so wearing it should bring good vibes throughout the day and bring cheer to those around you who see it.
Fashion affects each aspect of our lives. With fashion, you have the ability to be unique from everyone around you. In this sense, you’re not just part of the cookie-cutter crowd in the hustle-bustle world around you. And many people want recognition as their own person with all the chaos; it allows some separation from the busy life and the peaceful quiet serenity that defines you and home.
It’s a great thing that designers are giving us inspirational messages and affirmations on our clothing. We typically leave these at home, scattered throughout each room. As our days grow more stressful, we can merely focus on our outfit to find our center. And that is critical for our overall wellness and to prevent those days when we just feel off.