Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Having an effective skincare routine is only possible if you know what suits your skin and treats you right. However, skin types can differ from person to person. So, before you start applying any product, you need to understand your skin.
Is it well balanced? Or does it have patches of dryness? Every little detail matter when it comes to taking good care of your skin. So which skin type do you have?
In This Post:
How to recognize what your skin type is
To figure out your true skin type can be quite difficult at first. Here are a few basic clues for you to understand what your skin type is:
- Your skin has a shiny appearance.
- During your day, it starts becoming greasier.
- There are visibly large pores that are seen mostly around your face, especially your nose.
- You wake up with an oily or sticky face.
- You rarely have a clear skin day and experience breakouts more often.
- Presence of blackheads.
- Your skin gets cracked and has rough patches
- You feel that your skin is tightening after you come out from showering.
- You have a rough appearance in general
- Experiencing constant itching
- Your skin experiences consistent flaking or peeling
- Formation of lines on your body
- You might experience bleeding from cracked skin
- More prone to allergies
- Easily reacts to cosmetic products
- The constant presence of redness
- Dry skin
- Development of rashes and itchiness
- Consistent pimple breakouts
- You are sensitive to UV rays and can easily get sunburnt
- Prone to inflammation
- Your nose, chin, and forehead that form your T-zone are oily
- Cheeks are dry
- Your pores are larger in your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) than the rest of your face.
- You are prone to more dandruff than other skin types.
- Because of having oily and dry skin both at the same time, you can experience breakouts and dry patches together.
- You have fine pores that do not get clogged
- Breakouts and blackheads are almost non-existent
- Since you have good blood circulation, your skin has a radiant and moisturized look naturally.
- Sensitivity issues towards cosmetic products are not that severe unless you have a genetic allergic reaction to some ingredient.
How to take care of your skin
Once you know what your skin type is, it is easy for you to take care of your skin.
· For oily skin
Wash your face at least 2 to 3 times in a day with a sulfate-free, organic, or foam cleanser. And for moisturizing and applying makeup, use oil-free or water-based products only. If you plan to go out, then apply an acne-prone sunscreen with SPF content.
· For dry skin
An important thing to remember is to apply an oil-based moisturizing cream as soon as you wash your face or take a bath. Other than that, always take a bath in lukewarm water and restrict your time to 5-10 minutes in the shower.
· For sensitive skin
Moisturize your skin at least twice a day, with a cream that contains mineral water, shea butter, or glycerin in its ingredients. Make sure that all your cleansing products, from body soap to shampoo, are organic.
· For combination skin
Clean your skin very gently with a gel-based cleanser and balance your skin’s pH levels with a toner. Do not use harsh soaps as they can take away the moisture from your skin.
· For normal skin
If you have normal skin, then skincare is a bliss for you. All you have to do is use sulfate-free cleansers, organic, water-based moisturizers, and antioxidant products to maintain the radiant glow and pH levels of your skin.
To Sum Up
Ethni Beauty Market understands the need for healthy skin and gives you the right guidance with specialized treatments for each skin type.