Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on August 22, 2021 by Steal the Style
Most people are being seen investing in gemstones like diamonds, emeralds for their safe and profitable future. Diamonds give some eternal values and symbolise one’s all-time investments as well. Most people nowadays are taking a wise decision to add Diamond investments in their investment Collections. These are not only a well-organized source of investment but can also give a lot of after value while selling them back.
Loose diamonds have a separate fan base, and the number of customers has been increasing day by day. One of the most recent studies by De beers has shown that Indian investors are among the largest buyers of loose diamonds in the world.
Benefits of Buying a Loose Diamond
- A high-quality diamond considering as little as 2 or 3 grams, could cost as much as 100 kilos of gold. This tremendously condensed value and movability do make diamonds a form of backup funding. They can be useful in times of emergency.
- A diamond is a concrete item that can be shown to likely buyers. They won’t get destroyed under hard circumstances.
- One can know exactly what one has and what it is worth, and one can keep an eye on it each day.
- A diamond can be set into a stylish piece of jewellery such as a ring or an anklet and enjoyed all the time. If one buys two diamonds, they can be mounted as fashionable stud earrings.
- When the time comes to sell your attractive investment, one can take it to a store and sell it, unlike frameworks or bonds that are virtual.
Points to Ponder During the Purchase
- Extra security needs to be in place to pack a loose diamond, either a bank safety credit box or a home safe locker.
- The diamond needs to be recorded on any content insurance of your house.
- It might be not easy to sell a diamond at market price, and therefore, it might need to be held for a while until it can be sold at a profit.
- The seller must consider that the buyer may experience local VAT taxes, where applicable, thus growing the purchase price and making it more difficult to sell.
- It might take some time to sell on the open market. However, many other selling options, such as pawnshops and sale houses, charge considerable sums for selling diamonds. Yet, other options cost next to nothing, like online sites.
- When you’re purchasing with a final goal to resell, you need to select a diamond that there is a claim for. Surprisingly, this doesn’t always mean you have to find something rare or even a stone with high colour and clarity. Bigger size diamonds are in demand as well as being in short supply. For this reason, they make an ideal investment piece. Stones over 2 carats with either decent colour or good simplicity make a good choice. Choosing the type of diamond that is in high demand makes it relaxed to resell later.
- Sometimes a diamond is colour-treated, fracture-filled, or laser-drilled, which leads its value to get reduced and difficult to resell. Not only are they get lower in value, but they are also less pleasing to potential buyers. So, it is always advisable not to buy any.
Kind of synthetic treated diamonds and always to prefer good ones only that are certified and are original.
Buy Loose diamonds because they are easy to sell and give a higher reselling value than any other gemstone. Diamonds make great investment sense. They have high basic value, they’re always in the call, and they last persistently. In addition to that, they’re small, moveable and easy to store and, like most gems and valuable metals, the past presentation shows that they will grow in value over time.