Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on May 12, 2023 by Steal the Style
First dates can be nerve-wracking, especially when it comes to choosing what to wear. You want to make a good impression and leave a lasting one at the same time. But fear not! We’ve got you covered with some amazing tips on what to wear that will help you feel confident, comfortable, and stylish. Whether you’re going for coffee or dinner, we have everything from casual outfits to more formal attire that will make your first date unforgettable. So get ready to impress your special someone with these fashion-forward suggestions!
In This Post:
Figure Out The Dress Code
What you wear on a first date can say a lot about you. It can be an indicator of your style, taste, and personality. It can also be a major factor in determining whether or not you’ll get a second date.
With that said, it’s important to take the time to figure out the dress code for a date. This is especially true if you’re meeting someone for the first time. Here are some tips on what to wear on a first date:
- If you’re meeting someone for drinks or dinner, chances are the dress code will be casual. In this case, it’s best to err on the side of overdressing. Wear something that makes you feel confident and attractive.
- If you’re going to be doing something active on your first date (like playing tennis or hiking), make sure to dress appropriately. You don’t want to be too hot or too cold, and you don’t want to wear anything that will slow you down or get in your way.
- If you’re not sure what the dress code is, it’s always better to ask ahead of time. That way, you can plan accordingly and avoid any awkwardness or discomfort on your first date.
Consider Your Date’s Style
When it comes to fashion, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. What looks good on one person may not look as great on another. With that in mind, it’s important to take your date’s style into consideration when deciding what to wear on a first date.
If your date is the classic type, they might appreciate a more timeless look. A button-down shirt or blouse paired with dark-wash jeans or a knee-length skirt would be a good choice. For a more casual vibe, you could opt for a t-shirt and jeans combo. If you want to dress things up a bit, consider adding a blazer or statement necklace.
If your date is more bohemian in their style, they might prefer something flowy and free-spirited. A maxi dress or wide-leg pants would be perfect for this type of aesthetic. To add a bit of edge, consider pairing these pieces with leather jacket or ripped jeans.
No matter what you wear, make sure you feel comfortable and confident in your outfit. That way, you can focus on enjoying yourself and getting to know your date better!
Stick To Your Personal Style
It can be tempting to try to dress to impress on a first date, but it’s important to stay true to your personal style. Wearing something that doesn’t feel like you will make you feel uncomfortable and self-conscious, which is the last thing you want on a date. Stick to clothing that you feel good in and that makes you feel like yourself. This way, you’ll be able to relax and focus on enjoying your date.
Keep It Casual
When it comes to what to wear on a first date, it’s important to keep it casual. You don’t want to come across as too dressy or too casual. Instead, aim for a look that is comfortable and stylish. Here are some tips on how to achieve the perfect casual first date outfit:
- Choose comfortable clothing that you feel good in. You want to be able to relax and focus on your date, not worry about your clothes.
- Make sure your clothing is appropriate for the activity or venue you’ll be at. If you’re going out for drinks, avoid wearing anything too revealing or sloppy.
- While you want to look good, resist the urge to dress up too much. Remember, this is a casual date, so keep your outfit simple and chic.
Avoid Wearing New Clothes
If you’re meeting someone for the first time, you want to make a good impression. Wearing new clothes is one way to do that, but it’s not always the best option. If you’re not comfortable in your new clothes, it will show. You may also end up spending the night worrying about whether your outfit is too revealing or if you look too put together. It’s better to err on the side of caution and stick to clothes you know you feel good in.
When it comes to accessorizing for a first date, less is usually more. You don’t want to overdo it and look like you’re trying too hard. A simple piece of jewelry or a watch is usually enough. If you’re wearing a dress or skirt, a pair of earrings can also be a nice touch. Just make sure your accessories are appropriate for the occasion and don’t take away from your outfit as a whole.
Choose The Right Undergarments
Assuming you want tips for choosing the right undergarments for a first date:
- The first step is to decide what kind of outfit you’re going to wear. Once you have that planned out, you can move on to choosing the right undergarments.
- If you’re wearing a dress or skirt, you’ll need to decide if you want to wear a thong, boy shorts, or briefs. Each has its own pros and cons. A thong will give you the most coverage but can be uncomfortable. Boy shorts are a good middle ground between a thong and briefs. They offer more coverage than a thong but aren’t as bulky as briefs. Briefs are the most comfortable option but they can create lines under your clothing.
- If you’re wearing pants, you have a few more options. You can choose between boxer briefs, trunks, or boxer shorts. Boxer briefs offer the most coverage and are good if you’re concerned about your thighs rubbing together. Trunks are similar to boxer briefs but are shorter in length. They’re a good option if you don’t like the way boxer briefs look or feel. Boxer shorts are the least form-fitting option and are good if you want something that breathes well.
We have provided several tips to keep in mind when choosing what to wear on a first date. From wearing something comfortable and stylish, avoiding too much makeup or perfume, and dressing for your body type – these are all important factors that can help you make the right impression. With these tips in hand, you can confidently show up for your first date feeling prepared and confident about how you look!