Who doesn’t love wearing a good pair of boots? Unfortunately, it can be totally annoying when your socks fall down and you have to figure out how to gracefully and unobtrusively pull them back up.
Happily, that doesn’t have to be an issue any longer. There are now socks specifically designed to be worn with boots. Not only will they stay up, but they will also provide your feet with great comfort.
When I’m looking for the best socks for my boots, I always make sure to note the following:
- Sock length: the right sock length depends on the type of boot and whether you want to see it while you’re wearing it (the latter is mostly a style thing). For example, let’s say you’re wearing a short boot. If you don’t want your socks to show, you’re best off with ankle-length socks. On the other hand, if you’re rocking some knee-high boots, you don’t want the material rubbing against your leg the entire time, longer socks are the best choice.
- Material: most socks are made from cotton because it’s soft and comfortable. But if you want to keep your feet warm in winter, you would be wiser to look for socks made from Merino wool. These are popular with hikers but they work great with all boots. If your feet get quite sweaty, consider socks made with some polyester to get more air circulation.
- Comfort: some socks are designed with some extra support and cushioning to keep your feet nice and cozy. These types of socks are perfect when you’re walking a lot or you don’t feel too comfortable in your shoes.
So, with all this in mind, here are my favorite socks to wear with boots.
In This Post:
1. Best Overall Socks For Boots
The No Cold Feet socks are so cute that if you were to enter a best sock contest, you would blow away the competition.
There’s no beating them if you’re looking for a general, all-purpose sock to wear with your boots.
They’re made with 80% high-quality combed cotton, 15% polymide (generic Nylon) and 5% spandex. So you will never have to worry about them falling down to your ankles or off of your heel so that you have to stop walking every 2 minutes to pull them up.
2. Best Socks For Ankle Boots
The Formeu Ankle Cushion Socks are perfect for all your ankle boots. They’re made with 80% cotton, 16% polyester, 3% nylon and 1% spandex, so your feet can breathe and stretch just enough. These socks have ribbed cuffs to keep them in place and an extra layer to support your feet.
They are designed not to show while you wear them, making them perfect for many situations-casual, home daily wear, and outdoor activities.
3. Best Socks For Mid-Calf Boots
The Hanes Comfort Blend Crew Sock does what it says in the name: it provides a whole lot of comfort. The crew style is perfect for mid-calf boots when going to work or going into town for the afternoon.
These socks are made from cotton, polyester, rubber, nylon, and spandex, making them really soft on the skin and stretchy enough to provide a comfortable fit. They also have a cushioned bottom to protect your feet and are available for a great price. What more could you ask?
4. Best Socks For Knee-High Boots
The Lovely Annie Knee-High Boot Socks have been around for a while and they have certainly earned a good reputation. Anyone who wears knee-high boots must have a pair of these socks. They’re made from a blend of cotton and spandex and come in many colors so you can find the pair that best matches your style. Furthermore, these socks have a ribbed top to prevent them from falling down.
Their optimum length provides a perfectly non-binding hold on the foot. Made with high-quality materials to enhance durability, these socks reduce that sweaty foot sensation and help your feet attain a maximum level of dryness and coolness.
5. Best Breathable Socks
The Dickies Moisture-Wicking Crew Sock will keep your feet cool and fresh even during summer months. These socks are 96% polyester with ventilation channels that make these the best breathable socks on the market.
The arch of the sock has built-in compression technology to provide enhanced stability and support as you walk, while bringing added comfort to your entire foot. The bands at the top prevent them from slipping down your leg.
These socks come in many different colors, too, giving you even more reason to buy several pairs of them.
6. Best Merino Wool Boot Socks
The People Socks Merino Wool Crew Socks are the perfect choice if you need a pair of socks for hiking or, as noted by Gift Wits, to act as great thermal socks to keep your feet warm during the winter months.
These socks aren’t so bulky that you can noticeably feel them, but they provide just the right amount of cushioning needed.
Granted, these particular socks are a little pricey compared to all the other socks on this list. That said, they’re quite cheap considering they are made from Merino wool.
Just be careful when it comes to washing them as they could shrink. Put them in a cold wash and let them air dry to minimize the risk of shrinkage.
7. Cute Socks For Boots
If you just want a cute pair of socks to wear with your boots, the Modern Boho Button Boot Socks With Lace Trim are the go-to pair. They are knee-high and feature a lace detail that will look cute and be a feminie surprise peeking over the top of your knee-length boots.
These socks are made from a blend of 95% cotton and 5% spandex. They are extremely comfortable but not bulky. Oh, if I haven’t mentioned yet, they’re really cute.
With a range of colors available, you can choose several pairs to give you your best look.