VH1 is counting down the 40 Greatest Internet Superstars and they need your votes to determine the list.
Here are my favorite nominees in no particular order…
- Internet Beggar Karyn Bosnak Former TV producer who paid off $20K in credit card bills with money she raised by begging online and went on to write a couple books.
- Numa Numa Gary Brolsma Web cam clip of New Jersey teen became a world wide phenomenon. Warning, once you hear the song, you can’t get it out of your head.
- Perez Hilton Self-proclaimed Queen of All Media runs popular celebrity gossip blog.
And my Runners-Up choices…
- Tom Anderson of MySpace Myspace President has over 100 million friends.
- Red Paperclip With the help of the internet, Kyle McDonald traded one red paperclip for a house.
- My son’s favorite… Chinese Backstreet Boys Web cam lip sync classic from two boys in a dorm.
- And this guy should be disqualified… Mr. Pregnant Web ranter with bad teeth and an aversion to shirts.
Don’t like my choices? Vote Yourself! “Web Junk Presents 40 Greatest Internet Superstars” premieres Friday, February 16th, 2007, at 8 PM on VH1.