Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
If you’re planning to go to the opera but have no idea what to wear, our article may be very helpful. We have gathered here some useful ideas on creating a good outfit without spending a pile of money and time. Of course, those people who don’t go to opera often or never have been there, may get a lot of questions, for example: “Is there a dress code in the opera?”, “What to wear there without looking too dressed up?”, and any other.
In fact, there are no strict dress codes in opera but it’s better to wear formal clothes. Here are things you shouldn’t wear in opera: casual clothes, sneakers, jeans, sweatpants, and those apparel you wear every day. Spending a night in the opera is a special occasion, so you should wear something beautiful and impressive to look stunning.
- A flirty and stylish look. A good idea is to wear a cocktail or a maxi dress when you’re going to the opera. Please make sure your dress is not completely short especially if you will have to sit during the performance. Of course, even long dresses can look playful with extravagant accessories that emphasize your femininity and express your individuality.
- Experiment with your outfit. Do not limit your look to just elegant dresses. You can choose a classic skirt with an exclusive top. In this way, you can combine various pieces and get perfect outfits for your night in the opera. Skirts come in many styles and designs that are great for a formal occasion.
- Are you in a hurry from work? Even pants can look stunning in the opera if you pair them with a beautiful top. Nice-looking accessories and elegant makeup are the perfect addition to classic trousers or distinctive culottes. We promise you will stand in the center of attention in this extravagant outfit.
- Wear a jumpsuit. If you do not want to choose a suitable dress to visit the opera, we suggest wearing a jumpsuit to get an original and effective look without wasting a lot of time thinking and choosing a proper outfit.
- Be glamorous but not overdo it. Some women think it’s better to wear their best to the opera, but this is not a good idea because you shouldn’t wear all the jewelry you have at home. Of course, some sparkle effect is great to make a wow factor but you should select accessories thoroughly.
As you can see, it’s not so difficult to answer a question about what to wear to the opera. Just keep in mind that special outfits and elegant accessories can add your image a stylish and impressive look. Whether you have chosen a stunning dress or decided to impress others with an elegant jumpsuit, you can wear to the opera any formal clothes. It’s important to select a proper outfit on your comfort level and enjoy the show!