You may have seen this indie starlet sporting Mia Farrow’s famous pixie cut of late, but don’t think she embodies the same wallflower-waif affectation that Farrow was known for. Cute coif aside, this blonde bombshell is probably best known for her daring choices when it comes to films and red carpets alike. And while her films tend to be critically acclaimed (if rarely seen), her red-carpet looks are the stuff of rag-mag legend. Love her or hate her, you have to admit that this glamorous girl has come a long way from Dawson’s Creek. And if you’re looking to snag some of her best styles, here are a few things you’ll want in your wardrobe.
- White gown. You’d think with her milky complexion and pale, blonde hair that Williams would shy away from whites, which could easily wash her out. But it turns out she’s no stranger to this colorless hue. She has more than once hit a movie premier or awards show decked out like some high-fashion bride walking down the aisle. Since this bold move could easily become boring, she tends to spice it up with some architectural elements, such as a pin-tucked bodice, beading galore, or a one-shoulder silhouette. In short, she knows how to make a white gown look good.
- Mod dresses. This girl can hardly walk down the street without getting photographed wearing some boxy little mod number. This look is accentuated by the classic A-line silhouette (starting at the shoulders, not the waist), a high, wide neckline (boatneck), and a hemline that stops well shy of the knees. Again, she tends to pump up a boring color palette (and a simple shape) with fun and flirty extras like bows or some super-glam sparkle.
- Black blazer. When Williams takes a break from her hectic professional schedule, she can often be spotted out with daughter Matilda, sporting a more casual look. And rarely is she seen without her signature black blazer (she seems to have several). Whether she’s popping the collar or rolling the sleeves, these jackets always seem to be well tailored with a little flare towards the hemline. While she’ll occasionally go for something warmer (pea coat, trench, etc.) when the weather demands, the fitted black blazer seems to be her finishing piece of choice.
- Skinny jeans. She doesn’t often stray from her dress-dominated wardrobe, but when she does switch to pants she tends to go for skin-skimming bottoms beneath a long or loose top. Occasionally she even goes with a legging, but either way you’ll see her with a pant tucked into a tall boot (the go-to “casual” look for celebs these days) or paired with flats.
- Shoes, shoes, shoes! If there’s one area of Williams’ wardrobe that seems to be in constant rotation it is her shoe closet. While some girls tend to prefer their nude-pump standby or a favorite pair of strappy sandals, Michelle is a chameleon when it comes to her footwear. And she never wears sneakers! She seems pretty comfortable with heels, and they tend to be on the tall side. But when she’s out for a day of play with her daughter, her de rigueur shoe is the ballet flat, and she seems to have countless options to choose from. You could end up stuck with a poor credit credit card buying shoes the way she does. So check out discount shops like DSW or JustFab.com to mimic the shoe-tique that Michelle Williams is famous for.